follow me icons

Monday, January 10, 2011

Element is not currently visible and may not be manipulated

My web tests started to fail in Ubuntu when I upgraded my selenium-webdriver gem to the latest version 0.1.2.


Element is not currently visible and may not be manipulated (Selenium::WebDriver::Error::UnhandledError)
[remote server] :0:in `Error'
[remote server] file:///tmp/webdriver-profile20110110-17264-1osf9xy/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/resource/modules/atoms.js:389:in `'
[remote server] file:///tmp/webdriver-profile20110110-17264-1osf9xy/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/resource/modules/atoms.js:582:in `'
[remote server] file:///tmp/webdriver-profile20110110-17264-1osf9xy/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/resource/modules/atoms.js:3968:in `'



The error does not explained alot but it seems that selenium-webdriver fails to locate the element. The code that I have is very simple which is to click the go button.


def click_go_button
find(:css, "#search_button").click
end


My test, however, works fine in a windows based environment. It only fails in the Linux environment.

So for now I have to gem uninstall selenium-webdriver 0.1.2 and gem install selenium-webdriver -v 0.0.29 to make my test work again in Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment