follow me icons

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Unable to obtain stable firefox connection in 60 seconds

I recently got this error message when running my cucumber test

"
unable to obtain stable firefox connection in 60 seconds (127.0.0.1:7055) (Selenium::WebDriver::Error::WebDriverError)
"
I have just installed Ubuntu 10 on my machine and then trying to setup my cucumber test. When I try to run my firefox from console I receive this weird errors:

None of the authentication protocols specified are supported.
**
GLib-GIO:ERROR:/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.26.0/gio/gdbusconnection.c:
2270:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)


Finally, I found that I log in as a root and for some reason you can't fireup firefox as a root and therefore selenium webdriver also fails to obtain stable firefox connection.

To fix the issue, I just exit as a root and rerun my cucumber test.

Another solution is because you are running an older version of selenium webdriver and the old version does not support firefox version > 4x. To fix the issue either upgrade your selenium webdriver version or downgrade your firefox to version 3.6x

No comments:

Post a Comment